Hello, I´ve installed postgresql 9.1 on ubuntu 12.04 with pgpoolII-3.3.3 and
pgPoolAdmin.

I´m trying to make a test with pgbench-tools to measure the performance of
postgresql.

So I move to the directory where is pgbench-tools and configure the config
file.

I try to execute this order:

sudo -u postgres ./runset

After this it appears a message "Removing old pgbench tables"

First error message (seems not to be important) is: ERROR: table "accounts
does not exist"

After this it appears a message: VACUUM creating new pgbench tables

After this

creating tables
10000 tuples done
20000 tuples done
100000 tuples done
vacuum...done.
Run set #1 of 2 with 2 clients scale=1
Running tests using: psql -h localhost -U postgres -p 5432 pgbench
Storing results using: psql -h localhost -U postgres -p 5432 pgbench

And after this it comes "the crash":

ERROR: relation "branches" does not exist
LINE 1: select count(*) for branches
ERROR: Attempt to determine database scale returned "", aborting

it´s maybe and stupid issue and I´m not being able to solve it as i don´t
have a high level of knowledge on those systems.

Any idea about what to try?

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 5:42 AM, cesar <cesarkrall@gmail.com> wrote:
> After this it appears a message "Removing old pgbench tables"
> First error message (seems not to be important) is: ERROR: table "accounts
> does not exist"
> ERROR: relation "branches" does not exist
> LINE 1: select count(*) for branches
> ERROR: Attempt to determine database scale returned "", aborting

The tables "accounts" and "branches" refer to the table names in
pgbench shipped with Postgres 8.3 and older. It has been changed to
pgbench_* after that. So it seems that you are facing a version
mismatch if this script uses pgbench 9.1.

> Any idea about what to try?
Discussing this issue with the maintainers of pgbench-tools may be a
good thing as well:
https://github.com/gregs1104/pgbench-tools/
Michael

You´ve been very helpful for me. Solved after downloading pgbench tools from
github https://github.com/gregs1104/pgbench-tools, it seems like I was using
an old version of pgbench-tools. Thanks for your help!