Support Create package

From
Alejandro Carrillo
Date:
Hi,

Why PostgreSQL, the EnterpriseBD supports create/alter/drop package and the opensource doesn't?
Is a project or never will have support?

Thanks

Re: Support Create package

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
2012/10/16 Alejandro Carrillo <fasterzip@yahoo.es>:
> Hi,
>
> Why PostgreSQL, the EnterpriseBD supports create/alter/drop package and the
> opensource doesn't?
> Is a project or never will have support?

Packages are part of EnterpriseDB Oracle compatibility layer.
PostgreSQL doesn't support this functionality. Packages are in our
ToDo, but probably nobody working on it and I don't expect it in next
few years.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

> Thanks

Re: Support Create package

From
"ktm@rice.edu"
Date:
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 01:26:37PM +0100, Alejandro Carrillo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why PostgreSQL, the EnterpriseBD supports create/alter/drop package and the opensource doesn't?
> Is a project or never will have support?

Hi Alejandro,

Isn't that part of their Oracle compatibility secret sauce? For the opensource
version, it has never been important enough to anyone invest in the development
effort.

Cheers,
Ken