wal_sync_method on FreeBSD 9.0 - ZFS

From
Sébastien Lorion
Date:
I am not able to set wal_sync_method to anything but fsync on FreeBSD 9.0 for a DB created on ZFS (I have not tested on UFS). Is that expected ? Has it anything to do with running on EC2 ?

Sébastien

Re: wal_sync_method on FreeBSD 9.0 - ZFS

From
Ivan Voras
Date:
On 14/09/2012 22:19, Sébastien Lorion wrote:
> I am not able to set wal_sync_method to anything but fsync on FreeBSD 9.0
> for a DB created on ZFS (I have not tested on UFS). Is that expected ? Has
> it anything to do with running on EC2 ?

Can you explain what prevents you for setting the wal_sync_method?

Attachment

Re: wal_sync_method on FreeBSD 9.0 - ZFS

From
Sébastien Lorion
Date:
I don't remember the exact error message, but basically, if I set it to anything else but fsync, when I start PostgreSQL, it tells me that the new method is not available on my platform.

Sébastien