Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle

From
"Rajesh Kumar. Mallah"
Date:
Dear Andy ,

Following the discussion on load average we are now  investigating on some
other parts of the stack (other than db).

Essentially we are bumping up the limits (on appserver) so that more requests
goes to the DB server.

| Maybe you are hitting some locks?   If its not IO and not CPU then
| maybe something is getting locked and queries are piling up.

| -Andy

Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle

From
Steve Crawford
Date:
On 05/24/2012 05:58 AM, Rajesh Kumar. Mallah wrote:
> Dear Andy ,
>
> Following the discussion on load average we are now  investigating on some
> other parts of the stack (other than db).
>
> Essentially we are bumping up the limits (on appserver) so that more requests
> goes to the DB server.
Which leads to the question: what, other than the db, runs on this machine?

Cheers,
Steve

Re: High load average in 64-core server , no I/O wait and CPU is idle

From
"Rajesh Kumar. Mallah"

No nothing else runs on *this* machine.
We are lucky to have such a beefy hardware dedicated to postgres :)
We have a separate machine for application server that has 2 tiers.
I am trying to reach to the point to max out the db machine , for that
to happen we need to work on the other parts.

regds
mallah.