Order of tables

From
Rishabh Kumar Jain
Date:
How the tables must be ordered in the list of tables in from statement?

Re: Order of tables

From
Robert Klemme

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Rishabh Kumar Jain <rishabh.widu@yahoo.com> wrote:
How the tables must be ordered in the list of tables in from statement?

To achieve what?  Generally there is no requirement for a particular ordering of relation names in SQL.

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

Re: Order of tables

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 28.04.2011 12:20, Rishabh Kumar Jain wrote:
> How the tables must be ordered in the list of tables in from statement?

There is no difference in performance, if that's what you mean. (If not,
then pgsql-novice or pgsql-sql mailing list would've be more appropriate)

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: Order of tables

From
Rishabh Kumar Jain
Date:
On what relations are explicit joins added?
I don't know when to add explicit joins.--

Re: Order of tables

From
Rishabh Kumar Jain
Date:
Thanks for previous reply my friend.
In what manner are explicit joins added to improve performence?
Are there some rules for it?

Re: Order of tables

From
Rishabh Kumar Jain
Date:
Robert Klemme-2 wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Rishabh Kumar Jain
> <rishabh.widu@yahoo.com
> > wrote:
>
>> How the tables must be ordered in the list of tables in from statement?
>>

> To achieve what?  Generally there is no requirement for a particular
> ordering of relation names in SQL.
>
> Cheers
>
> robert

> http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

Ok I Understood this but there is one more problem friend

Date:

Date:
Heikki Linnakangas-3 wrote:

> On 28.04.2011 12:20, Rishabh Kumar Jain wrote:
>> How the tables must be ordered in the list of tables in from statement?
>
> There is no difference in performance, if that's what you mean. (If not,
> then pgsql-novice or pgsql-sql mailing list would've be more appropriate)
>
> --
>    Heikki Linnakangas
>    EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

I understood that now but I have one more query.