postgresql statements are waiting

From
bakkiya
Date:
Hi,
I am working on a performance issue with a partitioned table. Some of my sql
statements against this partition table is in waiting state for long time. I
have queried waiting=true in pg_stat_activity. Now, is there a way to find
out which sql is making other statements to wait.

Thanks for your help.

Re: postgresql statements are waiting

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
bakkiya <bakkiya@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a performance issue with a partitioned table. Some
> of my sql statements against this partition table is in waiting
> state for long time. I have queried waiting=true in
> pg_stat_activity. Now, is there a way to find out which sql is
> making other statements to wait.

You probably need to take a look at pg_locks for details.  If you
combine information from pg_locks, pg_stat_activity, and pg_class,
you can get a pretty good idea what's up.

-Kevin

Re: postgresql statements are waiting

From
Scott Marlowe