Hi- Sleeptime reduction

From
aaliya zarrin

Hi all,

I am new to Postgres. I just wanted to know how to change the sleep time.

I want to reduce the sleep time, How much will it affect other performance issues if sleep time is reduced.

Plz help. I apologize if I am sending mail to wrong contact. Kindly suggest the correct contact details if you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Aaliya Zarrin
(+91)-9160665888

Re: Hi- Sleeptime reduction

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
aaliya zarrin  wrote:

> I am new to Postgres. I just wanted to know how to change the sleep
> time.
>
> I want to reduce the sleep time, How much will it affect other
> performance issues if sleep time is reduced.

I don't know what sleep time you mean.  It would probably be best if
you started from a description of some specific problem rather than a
hypothetical solution.

For general advice on tuning, you could start here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

For ideas on how to submit a request for help with a performance
problem, you might want to review this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin