test send (recommended by Dave Page)

From
"Mark Steben"

Hi all – sorry to create additional email ‘noise’

But I’ve been trying to post a rather long query to

The pgsql-performance user list.  Dave thought

That it might have been bounced due to the length

And suggested I send a short ‘blast’

If this works I’ll send a shortened version of my query later.

Thank you,

Mark Steben | Database Administrator
@utoRevenue® - "Keeping Customers Close"
95D Ashley Ave, West Springfield, MA 01089
413.243.4800 x1512 (Phone) |413.732-1824 (Fax)
@utoRevenue is a registered trademark and a division of Dominion Enterprises

Re: test send (recommended by Dave Page)

From
Matthew Wakeling
Date:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Mark Steben wrote:
> Subject: [PERFORM] test send (recommended by Dave Page)
>
> Hi all - sorry to create additional email 'noise'
>
> But I've been trying to post a rather long query to
>
> The pgsql-performance user list.  Dave thought
>
> That it might have been bounced due to the length
>
> And suggested I send a short 'blast'
>

> If this works I'll send a shortened version of my query later.

Whatever you do, don't try to send an email to the list with the word
"help" in the subject. The mailing list software will silently throw away
your email. Helpful, for a "help" mailing list.

Matthew

Re: test send (recommended by Dave Page)

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Mark Steben <msteben@autorevenue.com> wrote:
> Hi all – sorry to create additional email ‘noise’
>
> But I’ve been trying to post a rather long query to
>
> The pgsql-performance user list.  Dave thought
>
> That it might have been bounced due to the length
>
> And suggested I send a short ‘blast’
>

> If this works I’ll send a shortened version of my query later.

I got it. Try posting large query plans etc. to pastebin or a similar
service to keep the mail size down.

--
Dave Page