analyze

From
Adrian Moisey
Date:
Hi

How long is a piece of string?

While we're at it, how often do I vacuum analyze?

Seriously though, how do I try measure this?

--
Adrian Moisey
System Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.

Re: analyze

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:28:45PM +0200, Adrian Moisey wrote:

> Seriously though, how do I try measure this?

Is autovacuum not going to work for your case?

Re: analyze

From
"Scott Marlowe"
Date:
On Jan 29, 2008 8:28 AM, Adrian Moisey <adrian@careerjunction.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> How long is a piece of string?
>
> While we're at it, how often do I vacuum analyze?
>
> Seriously though, how do I try measure this?

1: Turn on autovacuum.
2: Look up the thread on nagios plugins for pgsql and rip the query
for checking bloat out of it, or alternatively, use NAGIOS I guess. :)

monitor your db for bloat, and if autovacuum isn't keeping up either
set it to be more aggresive, or schedule manual vacuums for the tables
that need it.