Some info to share: db_STRESS Benchmark results

From
Dimitri
Date:
Folks,

just wanted to share some benchmark results from one long performance
study comparing MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle transactions throughput
and engine scalability on T2000 and V890 (under Solaris). Oracle
results are removed (of course :), but other are quite interesting...
Findings are presented as it, following step by step learning and
tuning curve :)

So well, you may find:
 -  http://dimitrik.free.fr/db_STRESS.html  - Benchmark kit description
 -  http://dimitrik.free.fr/db_STRESS_BMK_Part1.html  -- first main part
 -  http://dimitrik.free.fr/db_STRESS_BMK_Part2_ZFS.html  -- second
part including ZFS specific tuning

Tests were executed in Mar/Apr.2007 with latest v8.2.3 on that time.
Due limited spare time I was able to publish results only now...
Any comments are welcome! :)

Best regards!
-Dimitri

Re: Some info to share: db_STRESS Benchmark results

From
"Alexander Staubo"
Date:
On 5/31/07, Dimitri <dimitrik.fr@gmail.com> wrote:
> just wanted to share some benchmark results from one long performance
> study comparing MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle transactions throughput
> and engine scalability on T2000 and V890 (under Solaris).

Interesting, if awfully cryptic. The lack of axis labels, the lack of
axis normalization, and the fact that you put the graphs for different
databases and parameters on separate pages makes it rather hard to
compare the various results.

Alexander.