Warm - standby system.

From
"Nimesh Satam"
Date:
Hi,

I tried to create a standby system as per the steps mentioned in the following article

Can anybody let me know the steps which are supposed to be followed to make the standby machine for read access? and how it should be one.

Also it will be helpful if you can let me know what care needs to be taken to implement this in production.

Regards,
Nimesh.

Re: Warm - standby system.

From
"Alexander Staubo"
Date:
On 4/24/07, Nimesh Satam <nimesh.zedo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anybody let me know the steps which are supposed to be followed to make
> the standby machine for read access? and how it should be one.

Not possible at the moment. The warm standby is not "hot" -- it cannot
be used for queries while it's acting as a standby. Explained here:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/warm-standby.html

Alexander.