Autocommit in libpq

From
"Dengler, Michael"

Please forgive me if I missed something (I have been searching for a definitive answer for this for 2 days).

Is there any way to disable autocommit in libpq? (PG 7.4.1)

Thanks

Mike

Re: Autocommit in libpq

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
Dengler, Michael wrote:
> Please forgive me if I missed something (I have been searching for a definitive answer for this for 2 days).
>
> Is there any way to disable autocommit in libpq? (PG 7.4.1)

Just call BEGIN to start a transaction, and COMMIT to commit it. Other
than that, no.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: Autocommit in libpq

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Dengler, Michael wrote:
>> Please forgive me if I missed something (I have been searching for a
>> definitive answer for this for 2 days).
>>
>> Is there any way to disable autocommit in libpq? (PG 7.4.1)
>
> Just call BEGIN to start a transaction, and COMMIT to commit it. Other
> than that, no.

And very on topic, you need to upgrade ASAP to the latest 7.4.x.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Autocommit in libpq

From
"Dengler, Michael"
Date:
Thanks for the reply. Your advice to upgrade sounds urgent. Are there critical reasons I need to go to 7.4.16?

Thanks

Mike

Date:
"Dengler, Michael" <Michael_Dengler@tvworks.com> writes:
> Thanks for the reply. Your advice to upgrade sounds urgent. Are there critical reasons I need to go to 7.4.16?

Read the release notes between 7.4.1 and 7.4.16 and judge for yourself:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release.html

            regards, tom lane