The trigger can be specified to fire on time condition?

From
Jamal Ghaffour
Date:
Hi All,
I ' m using the postgresql datbase to stores cookies. Theses cookies
become invalid after  30 mn and have to be deleted. i have defined a
procedure that will
delete all invalid cookies, but i don't know how to call it in loop way
(for example each hour).
I think that it  possible  because this behaivor is the same of the
autovaccum procedure that handle the vaccum process every time (60s in
default way).
After reading the documentation, it seems  that triggers can't handle
this stuff .
how can i resolve the problem ?

Thanks

Attachment

Re: The trigger can be specified to fire on time condition?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Jamal Ghaffour wrote:
> Hi All,
> I ' m using the postgresql datbase to stores cookies. Theses cookies
> become invalid after  30 mn and have to be deleted. i have defined a
> procedure that will
> delete all invalid cookies, but i don't know how to call it in loop way
> (for example each hour).
> I think that it  possible  because this behaivor is the same of the
> autovaccum procedure that handle the vaccum process every time (60s in
> default way).
> After reading the documentation, it seems  that triggers can't handle
> this stuff .
> how can i resolve the problem ?

Use your system's crontab!  (On Windows, "scheduled tasks" or whatever).

Re: The trigger can be specified to fire on time condition?

From
Chris Browne
Date:
Jamal.Ghaffour@elios-informatique.fr (Jamal Ghaffour) writes:
> Hi All, I ' m using the postgresql datbase to stores cookies. Theses
> cookies become invalid after 30 mn and have to be deleted. i have
> defined a procedure that will delete all invalid cookies, but i
> don't know how to call it in loop way (for example each hour).  I
> think that it possible because this behaivor is the same of the
> autovaccum procedure that handle the vaccum process every time (60s
> in default way).  After reading the documentation, it seems that
> triggers can't handle this stuff .  how can i resolve the problem ?

Time-based event scheduling is done using cron, external to the
database.
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sgml.html