From
"Chethana, Rao (IE10)"

Hello!

This is Chethana.  I need to know how to improve the performance of  postgresql.    It is rich in features but slow in performance.

Pls do reply back ASAP.

Thank you,

Chethana.

Re:

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Chethana, Rao (IE10) wrote:

> This is Chethana.  I need to know how to improve the performance of
> postgresql.    It is rich in features but slow in performance.

You'll need to provide some details first.

How are you using PostgreSQL?
How many concurrent users?
Mostly updates or small selects or large summary reports?

What hardware do you have?
What configuration changes have you made?

Are you having problems with all queries or only some?
Have you checked the plans for these with EXPLAIN ANALYSE?
Have you made sure your tables are vacuumed and analysed?

That should be a start
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re:

From
"Gourish Singbal"

try this.

Performance depends on the postgresql.conf parameters apart from the hardware details.

This is Chethana.  I need to know how to improve the performance of  postgresql.    It is rich in features but slow in performance.

Pls do reply back ASAP.

Thank you,

Chethana.

--