memory allocation

From
"Michael Ryan S. Puncia"

Hi everyone .

How much memory should I give to the kernel and postgresql

I have 1G of memory and 120G of HD

Shared Buffers = ?

Vacuum Mem = ?

SHMAX = ?

Sorry I have so many question .I am a newbie L

I have 30G of data

At least 30 simultaneus users

But I will use it only for query with lot of sorting

thanks

Re: memory allocation

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: memory allocation

From
Richard Huxton
Date:
Michael Ryan S. Puncia wrote:
> Hi everyone .
>

> How much memory should I give to the kernel and postgresql
>
> I have 1G of memory and 120G of HD

Devrim's pointed you to a guide to the configuration file. There's also
an introduction to performance tuning on the same site.

An important thing to remember is that the sort_mem is the amount of
memory available *per sort* and some queries can use several sorts.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd