Re: Response time

From
Date:
How do we measure the response time in postgresql?

Your response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Radha

Re: Response time

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

explain analyse select * from lidi;
                                          QUERY PLAN

 Seq Scan on lidi  (cost=0.00..1.04 rows=4 width=96) (actual
time=0.046..0.092 rows=4 loops=1)
 Total runtime: 0.369 ms

Regards
Pavel

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:

> How do we measure the response time in postgresql?
>
> Your response would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Radha

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Response time

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 09:49, radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:
> How do we measure the response time in postgresql?

In addition to EXPLAIN ANALYZE, the log_min_duration_statement
configuration variable and the \timing psql command might also be
useful.

-Neil

Re: Response time

From
Date:
The \timing psql command gives different time for the same query executed
repeatedly.

So, how can we know the exact response time for any query?

Thanks and Regards,

Radha

> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 09:49, radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:
>> How do we measure the response time in postgresql?
>
> In addition to EXPLAIN ANALYZE, the log_min_duration_statement
> configuration variable and the \timing psql command might also be
> useful.
>
> -Neil

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Response time

From
Neil Conway
Date:
<radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu> writes:
> The \timing psql command gives different time for the same query executed
> repeatedly.

That's probably because executing the query repeatedly results in
different execution times, as one would expect. \timing returns the
"exact" query response time, nevertheless.

-Neil

Re: Response time

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:35:22AM -0600, radha.manohar@ndsu.nodak.edu wrote:
> The \timing psql command gives different time for the same query executed
> repeatedly.

Why do you believe that the same query will always take the same time
to execute?

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110