SQL slower when running for the second time

From
Rhaoni Chiu Pereira
Date:
Hi List,

   I trying to increase performance in my PostgreSQL but there is something
wrong.    when I run this SQL for the first time it takes 1 min. 40 seconds to
return, but when I run it for the second time it takes more than 2 minutes, and
I should retunr faster than the first time.

Does anyone have a advice ?

Atenciosamente,

Rhaoni Chiu Pereira
Sistêmica Computadores

Visite-nos na Web: http://sistemica.info
Fone/Fax : +55 51 3328 1122

Re: [ADMIN] SQL slower when running for the second time

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Rhaoni Chiu Pereira writes:

>    I trying to increase performance in my PostgreSQL but there is something
> wrong.    when I run this SQL for the first time

Which SQL?

> it takes 1 min. 40 seconds to
> return, but when I run it for the second time it takes more than 2 minutes, and
> I should retunr faster than the first time.

What happens the third time?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: SQL slower when running for the second time

From
Ron Johnson
Date:
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 14:15, Rhaoni Chiu Pereira wrote:
> Hi List,
>
>    I trying to increase performance in my PostgreSQL but there is something
> wrong.    when I run this SQL for the first time it takes 1 min. 40 seconds to
> return, but when I run it for the second time it takes more than 2 minutes, and
> I should retunr faster than the first time.
>
> Does anyone have a advice ?

Is it a query or insert/update?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Vanity, my favorite sin."
     Larry/John/Satan, "The Devil's Advocate"