win32mak_patch

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

Now, win32.mak of CVS-HEAD was left by the structural change.
Please apply it.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Attachment

Re: win32mak_patch

Date:
"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> *** src/interfaces/libpq/exports.txt.orig    Sun Apr 27 23:41:51 2008
> --- src/interfaces/libpq/exports.txt    Sun Apr 27 23:42:48 2008
> ***************
> *** 141,143 ****
> --- 141,144 ----
>   pg_valid_server_encoding_id 139
>   PQconnectionNeedsPassword 140
>   lo_import_with_oid          141
> + pgwin32_safestat          142

We are most certainly NOT doing that (for one reason, it will instantly
break every platform except Windows).  If there is something that seems
to require it then you need to find another way.

            regards, tom lane

Re: win32mak_patch

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

Oops, Certainly.
I propose the method of merging by distprep as exports.txt.win32.
What do you think?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

>> *** src/interfaces/libpq/exports.txt.orig Sun Apr 27 23:41:51 2008
>> --- src/interfaces/libpq/exports.txt Sun Apr 27 23:42:48 2008
>> ***************
>> *** 141,143 ****
>> --- 141,144 ----
>>   pg_valid_server_encoding_id 139
>>   PQconnectionNeedsPassword 140
>>   lo_import_with_oid   141
>> + pgwin32_safestat          142
>

> We are most certainly NOT doing that (for one reason, it will instantly
> break every platform except Windows).  If there is something that seems
> to require it then you need to find another way.
>
> regards, tom lane

Re: win32mak_patch

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
The changes except the one to exports.txt look ok.

Why do you need to export pgwin32_safestat? It's *not* exported when
you build with mingw or the automated msvc build, and nothing breaks
there. Who is trying to use it?

//Magnus

Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Oops, Certainly.
> I propose the method of merging by distprep as exports.txt.win32.
> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Hiroshi Saito

Re: win32mak_patch

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

Eh? It is strange...
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/WIN32_BUILD_INF/psql_win32.mak
Actually, it is required although psql is built. Have I missed something?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

> The changes except the one to exports.txt look ok.
>
> Why do you need to export pgwin32_safestat? It's *not* exported when
> you build with mingw or the automated msvc build, and nothing breaks
> there. Who is trying to use it?
>
> //Magnus
>
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Oops, Certainly.
>> I propose the method of merging by distprep as exports.txt.win32.
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hiroshi Saito

Re: win32mak_patch

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Eh? It is strange...
> http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/WIN32_BUILD_INF/psql_win32.mak
> Actually, it is required although psql is built. Have I missed
> something?

Note that building psql this way really isn't supported anymore :-)

Anyway. If you get references to it, you need to pull in port/dirmod.c
into psql as well. Normally, it would get this through libpgport, but
it looks like your custom makfile is pulling the files in directly
instead. So adding dirmod to the list of stuff from src/port should
hopefully fix your problem.

//Magnus

Re: win32mak_patch

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi.

Thanks!

>> Actually, it is required although psql is built. Have I missed
>> something?
>
> Note that building psql this way really isn't supported anymore :-)

Yes, It is only a script for my check. :-)

> Anyway. If you get references to it, you need to pull in port/dirmod.c
> into psql as well. Normally, it would get this through libpgport, but
> it looks like your custom makfile is pulling the files in directly
> instead. So adding dirmod to the list of stuff from src/port should
> hopefully fix your problem.

Um, win32.mak of libpq needed to add dirmod.c
--
libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2001: (snip-sjis message) "_pgwin32_safestat"

Then, Is containing in libpq wrong?
I'm confused for a while...

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: win32mak_patch

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Anyway. If you get references to it, you need to pull in port/dirmod.c
>> into psql as well. Normally, it would get this through libpgport, but
>> it looks like your custom makfile is pulling the files in directly
>> instead. So adding dirmod to the list of stuff from src/port should
>> hopefully fix your problem.
>
> Um, win32.mak of libpq needed to add dirmod.c --
> libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2001: (snip-sjis message)
> "_pgwin32_safestat"
>
> Then, Is containing in libpq wrong? I'm confused for a while...

Yes, you are missing something :-)

The patch for win32.mak I'm happy to apply, it looks fine.

The patch for exports.txt does not look fine.

Can you confirm that you can build things properly *with* the patch to
win32.mak but *without* the patch to exports.txt?

Also, I assume this needs to be backpatched?

//Magnus

Re: win32mak_patch

From
"Hiroshi Saito"
Date:
Hi Magnus.

>> Um, win32.mak of libpq needed to add dirmod.c --
>> libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2001: (snip-sjis message)
>> "_pgwin32_safestat"
>>
>> Then, Is containing in libpq wrong? I'm confused for a while...
>
> Yes, you are missing something :-)

Ahh Sure, I had missed discussion of this improvement.
Then, It seems that win32.mak has been forgotten.

> The patch for win32.mak I'm happy to apply, it looks fine.

Yeah, Anyway I think that the equipment is required.

> The patch for exports.txt does not look fine.

About it, I do not have firm belief yet. However, It does not put in there.

> Can you confirm that you can build things properly *with* the patch to
> win32.mak but *without* the patch to exports.txt?

http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/WIN32_BUILD_INF/psql_win32_n.mak
I checked the build without correction of exports.txt.

> Also, I assume this needs to be backpatched?

Yes, Since you have already done, I think that it is required.
Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: win32mak_patch

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Hiroshi Saito wrote:
> >> Anyway. If you get references to it, you need to pull in
> >> port/dirmod.c into psql as well. Normally, it would get this
> >> through libpgport, but it looks like your custom makfile is
> >> pulling the files in directly instead. So adding dirmod to the
> >> list of stuff from src/port should hopefully fix your problem.
> >
> > Um, win32.mak of libpq needed to add dirmod.c --
> > libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2001: (snip-sjis message)
> > "_pgwin32_safestat"
> >
> > Then, Is containing in libpq wrong? I'm confused for a while...

Applied and backpatched, except for the changes to exports.txt that
shouldn't be required.

//Magnus