Hibernate Dialects for PostgreSQL

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
I enclose 3 Dialects for PostgreSQL, as discussed on -hackers.

The PostgreSQL83Dialect is essentially identical to 82Dialect, but the
principle of having one file per release seems easiest way of doing
things.

Further additions very welcome; I don't suppose at all this is the final
version.

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment

Re: Hibernate Dialects for PostgreSQL

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I enclose 3 Dialects for PostgreSQL, as discussed on -hackers.

There is no such thing as PostgreSQL 8.  Please don't do that; it would
confuse users about the versioning scheme.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Date:
On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:28 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > I enclose 3 Dialects for PostgreSQL, as discussed on -hackers.
>
> There is no such thing as PostgreSQL 8.  Please don't do that; it would
> confuse users about the versioning scheme.

Would 8x be the right thing then?

So PostgreSQL8xDialect or PostgreSQL80Dialect or ...

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Hibernate Dialects for PostgreSQL

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 01:41:49PM +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:28 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Simon Riggs wrote:
> > > I enclose 3 Dialects for PostgreSQL, as discussed on -hackers.
> >
> > There is no such thing as PostgreSQL 8.  Please don't do that; it would
> > confuse users about the versioning scheme.
>
> Would 8x be the right thing then?
>
> So PostgreSQL8xDialect or PostgreSQL80Dialect or ...

I'd say 80 so it's easy to separate off 81, 82, 83, etc. :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Date:
Am Montag, 12. November 2007 schrieb Simon Riggs:
> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:28 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Simon Riggs wrote:
> > > I enclose 3 Dialects for PostgreSQL, as discussed on -hackers.
> >
> > There is no such thing as PostgreSQL 8.  Please don't do that; it would
> > confuse users about the versioning scheme.
>
> Would 8x be the right thing then?
>
> So PostgreSQL8xDialect or PostgreSQL80Dialect or ...

If you know it doesn't work before 8.0, PostgreSQL80Dialect sounds right.
Otherwise just PostgreSQLDialect or perhaps something like PostgreSQL{Base|
Abstract}Dialect.

--
Peter Eisentraut