Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC.

--
Michael Fuhr

Attachment

Re: Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.  Your documentation changes can be viewed in
five minutes using links on the developer's page,
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing.

Michael Fuhr wrote:
> Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Date:
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 11:34:39PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Patch applied.  Thanks.  Your documentation changes can be viewed in
> five minutes using links on the developer's page,

Thanks.  8.1 and 8.2 have the same typo -- any reason not to backpatch
this?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC

Date:
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 11:34:39PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Patch applied.  Thanks.  Your documentation changes can be viewed in
> > five minutes using links on the developer's page,
>
> Thanks.  8.1 and 8.2 have the same typo -- any reason not to backpatch
> this?

OK, fixed in 8.2.X.  We don't patch documentation past the most recent
major release.

Re: Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 11:34:39PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Patch applied.  Thanks.  Your documentation changes can be viewed
> > > in five minutes using links on the developer's page,
> >
> > Thanks.  8.1 and 8.2 have the same typo -- any reason not to
> > backpatch this?
>
> OK, fixed in 8.2.X.  We don't patch documentation past the most
> recent major release.

Why not?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Correct the spelling of SYMMETRIC

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Michael Fuhr wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks.  8.1 and 8.2 have the same typo -- any reason not to
> > > backpatch this?
> >
> > OK, fixed in 8.2.X.  We don't patch documentation past the most
> > recent major release.
>
> Why not?

Because I have limited time.