test: please ignore

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
I've posted a 6.5kB patch (as an attachment) three times over the
past few days but haven't seen it hit the lists. Checking to see if
this goes through.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: test: please ignore

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> I've posted a 6.5kB patch (as an attachment) three times over the
> past few days but haven't seen it hit the lists. Checking to see if
> this goes through.

Did you by any chance gzip it? IIRC, mails with gzipped attachments are
silently dropped on- patches for some reason. (Can't remember if it was
all gzip or just tar.gz, but it was dropped. You can find a discussion
about it in the archives around when i posted the msvc build patch
stuff, sometime this summer a couple of days after the conference)

//Magnus

Re: [HACKERS] test: please ignore

Date:
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> I've posted a 6.5kB patch (as an attachment) three times over the
>> past few days but haven't seen it hit the lists. Checking to see if
>> this goes through.

> Did you by any chance gzip it? IIRC, mails with gzipped attachments are
> silently dropped on- patches for some reason.

Hm?  They've always worked fine for me, and for a lot of other people.
You should ask Marc to look into this.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] test: please ignore

From
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> >> I've posted a 6.5kB patch (as an attachment) three times over the
> >> past few days but haven't seen it hit the lists. Checking to see if
> >> this goes through.
>
> > Did you by any chance gzip it? IIRC, mails with gzipped attachments are
> > silently dropped on- patches for some reason.
>
> Hm?  They've always worked fine for me, and for a lot of other people.
> You should ask Marc to look into this.

It depends on the MIME type IIRC.

Date:
> >> I've posted a 6.5kB patch (as an attachment) three times over
> the
> >> past few days but haven't seen it hit the lists. Checking to see
> if
> >> this goes through.
>
> > Did you by any chance gzip it? IIRC, mails with gzipped
> attachments
> > are silently dropped on- patches for some reason.
>
> Hm?  They've always worked fine for me, and for a lot of other
> people.
> You should ask Marc to look into this.

I did.

You even confirmed that you had the same problem.

See:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00256.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00273.php

//Magnus