Predicate Locking

From
David Fetter
Date:
Folks,

This patch clarifies the 'predicate locking' section in the docs.
Thanks to Harrison Fisk of MySQL AB for helping.

phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

Attachment

Re: [DOCS] Predicate Locking

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
David Fetter wrote:
> This patch clarifies the 'predicate locking' section in the docs.

What it does it raise the question what "next-key locking is".

I don't think any of this matters for us.  We should just remove the
part that claims that no other system implements predicate locking.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: [DOCS] Predicate Locking

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> > This patch clarifies the 'predicate locking' section in the docs.
>
> What it does it raise the question what "next-key locking is".
>
> I don't think any of this matters for us.  We should just remove the
> part that claims that no other system implements predicate locking.

OK, new text is:

     For these reasons,
    <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> does not implement predicate
    locking.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us