READ ONLY transaction documentation error

From
Gavin Sherry
The docs say:

"When a transaction is read-only, the following SQL commands are
disallowed: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and COPY TO"

Actually, COPY FROM is the command we disallow. This must have been
overlooked when the read-only error was fixed in the COPY code.

Pointed out by Arul Shaji at Fujitsu.

Thanks

Gavin

Attachment

Re: READ ONLY transaction documentation error

From
Alvaro Herrera
> "When a transaction is read-only, the following SQL commands are
> disallowed: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and COPY TO"
>
> Actually, COPY FROM is the command we disallow. This must have been
> overlooked when the read-only error was fixed in the COPY code.

Applied -- sorry I typo'ed your name in the commit message though :-(

Date:
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > The docs say:
> >
> > "When a transaction is read-only, the following SQL commands are
> > disallowed: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and COPY TO"
> >
> > Actually, COPY FROM is the command we disallow. This must have been
> > overlooked when the read-only error was fixed in the COPY code.
>
> Applied -- sorry I typo'ed your name in the commit message though :-(

No problem, Alhero ;-)

Thanks,

gavin