archiver.pid

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
Lock file to prevent starting with multiple archivers present.

Possibly some debate over exact behaviour, but publish early...

--
  Simon Riggs

Re: archiver.pid

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Simon Riggs wrote:
> Lock file to prevent starting with multiple archivers present.

Isn't it cleaner to remove the PID file in postmaster.c:reaper()?  That
way you are really sure that the PID file is removed when the process is
gone, even if it crashes.

OTOH I don't think it's very clean to change the semantics of the
ArchPid variable in postmaster.  We use those to keep track of the
running process, so if there's no archiver, it should be 0 (which is
true for all said variables).

Re: archiver.pid

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 17:29 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Lock file to prevent starting with multiple archivers present.
>
> Possibly some debate over exact behaviour, but publish early...

Original patch withdrawn.

New patch included.

--
  Simon Riggs

Re: archiver.pid

Date:
Patch applied to CVS HEAD and 8.1.X.  Thanks.

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 17:29 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Lock file to prevent starting with multiple archivers present.
> >
> > Possibly some debate over exact behaviour, but publish early...
>
> Original patch withdrawn.
>
> New patch included.
>
> --
>   Simon Riggs