Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

From
Markus Schiltknecht
Date:
Hello,

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 13:45 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> > I'd like to help teaching PostgreSQL the art of parallel query
> > execution.
>
> Cool, we're not at the communication-level yet, but your help would be
> appreciated.
>
> > In case you're interested I'll compile a patch for review.
>
> Surely!

[ This patch is not meant to be included immediately. But it might be
one step towards supporting parallel query execution, IMHO. ]

This is my internal message passing implementation. I'd probably also
need to document its use...

It's not tested except for 'it works for me'. And it still misses the
'wrap around' functionality to recycle the buffer. Also, I should
probably rename buffer.h and buffer.c since there are a lot of other
buffers in PostgreSQL.

Markus

Attachment