pg_ctl crash fix

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
pg_dump crashes on "unregister" when a data directory is not specified.
Even though a data directory is not required. Attached patch fixes that.

(There is a check a couple of rows up that specifically allow for
pg_data to be null with unregister, but then we try to use it without
checking if it is...)

//Magnus

Attachment

Re: pg_ctl crash fix

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> pg_dump crashes on "unregister" when a data directory is not
> specified. Even though a data directory is not required. Attached
> patch fixes that.

Fixed.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pg_ctl crash fix

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > pg_dump crashes on "unregister" when a data directory is not
> > specified. Even though a data directory is not required. Attached
> > patch fixes that.
>
> Fixed.

I don't have the back branches around right now, but I beleive at least
8.1 is affected. Probably 8.2 as well. Backpatch? I think so ;-) (and
probalby should've written that in the original mail, but forgot)

//Magnus

Re: pg_ctl crash fix

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I don't have the back branches around right now, but I beleive at
> least 8.1 is affected. Probably 8.2 as well. Backpatch? I think so
> ;-) (and probalby should've written that in the original mail, but
> forgot)

Done.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: pg_ctl crash fix

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I don't have the back branches around right now, but I beleive at
> > least 8.1 is affected. Probably 8.2 as well. Backpatch? I think so
> > ;-) (and probalby should've written that in the original mail, but
> > forgot)
>
> Done.

Thanks!

//Magnus