Re: [HACKERS] Kerberos brokenness and oops question in 8.1beta2

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> > We don't have two weeks, I think.  If I can catch you on IM
> I can make
> > the modifications, with a little hand-holding.
>
> For docs changes I think we do.  I'm a bit worried however
> about whether the loss of wildcard functionality is a problem
> requiring code changes.

Well, we didn't have it in 8.0. And I'm not even sure it ever worked in
8.1dev - it certainly didn't work in my case.

So. *I* think we're fine with removing it, as long as we update the docs
to be in sync. But perhaps someone who actually used it can confirm if
it's worthwhile?

//Magnus

Re: [HACKERS] Kerberos brokenness and oops question in 8.1beta2

Date:
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>> For docs changes I think we do.  I'm a bit worried however
>> about whether the loss of wildcard functionality is a problem
>> requiring code changes.

> Well, we didn't have it in 8.0.

Oh, OK.  I had been thinking it was pre-existing behavior, but if it's
not then there's no issue.  I'm fine with pulling out a feature that
wasn't there in 8.0 --- if someone wants it, they can figure out how
to make it work properly and submit for 8.2 or later.

            regards, tom lane