Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries

From
Steve Woodcock
Date:
Hi all,

Attached is a patch for the following TODO item:

o Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries

  Currently, while \e saves a single query as one entry, interactive
  queries are saved one line at a time.  Ideally all queries
  whould be saved like \e does.

I know now's probably not a good time, but it caught my eye and looked
easy enough even for my rusty C.

Regards, Steve Woodcock

Attachment

Re: Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries

Date:

    http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches_hold

Steve Woodcock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Attached is a patch for the following TODO item:
>
> o Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries
>
>   Currently, while \e saves a single query as one entry, interactive
>   queries are saved one line at a time.  Ideally all queries
>   whould be saved like \e does.
>
> I know now's probably not a good time, but it caught my eye and looked
> easy enough even for my rusty C.
>
> Regards, Steve Woodcock

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries

Date:
Steve Woodcock wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Attached is a patch for the following TODO item:
>
> o Improve psql's handling of multi-line queries
>
>   Currently, while \e saves a single query as one entry, interactive
>   queries are saved one line at a time.  Ideally all queries
>   whould be saved like \e does.
>
> I know now's probably not a good time, but it caught my eye and looked
> easy enough even for my rusty C.
>
> Regards, Steve Woodcock

Steve, we have already applied a patch by Sergey E. Koposov to do this.
Would you review CVS HEAD and see that everything works as you would
like.  Thanks.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

Date:
On 21/03/06, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Steve, we have already applied a patch by Sergey E. Koposov to do this.
> Would you review CVS HEAD and see that everything works as you would
> like.  Thanks.

Yeah it's good; stores multiline queries in .psql_history which is an
improvement over my patch.

Cheers, Steve