Unused MMCacheLock

From
ITAGAKI Takahiro
Date:
Hi,

Are there any reasons MMCacheLock has been left yet?
Did we forget to remove it when mm.c was removed?

*** lwlock.h    Sat Jun 18 07:32:50 2005
--- lwlock-nomm.h    Wed Jul 27 16:18:42 2005
***************
*** 33,39 ****
      ProcArrayLock,
      SInvalLock,
      FreeSpaceLock,
-     MMCacheLock,
      WALInsertLock,
      WALWriteLock,
      ControlFileLock,
--- 33,38 ----

---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Cyber Space Laboratories

Re: Unused MMCacheLock

From
Neil Conway
Date:
ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> Are there any reasons MMCacheLock has been left yet?

Not as far as I can see -- good catch. Patch applied to HEAD.

-Neil

Re: Unused MMCacheLock

Date:
ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> Did we forget to remove it when mm.c was removed?

Yup :-(.  Thanks for catching it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Unused MMCacheLock

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:06 +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
> ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> > Are there any reasons MMCacheLock has been left yet?
>
> Not as far as I can see -- good catch. Patch applied to HEAD.

Neil,

I thought you removed that in February? Or is my memory playing tricks?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

Re: Unused MMCacheLock

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I thought you removed that in February? Or is my memory playing tricks?

Not I -- Tom removed src/backend/storage/smgr/mm.c in February of '04,
but evidently forgot to remove the associated LWLock.

-Neil