Patch to remove deadcode from dbcommands.c

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
Hi all,

This patch removes dead code from redo_dbase(). The code processes
CREATE/DROP DATABASE recovery records which are of types
XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_OLD and XLOG_DBASE_DROP_OLD. We do not create such
records.

I've removed XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_OLD and XLOG_DBASE_DROP_OLD from the header
as well but have not changed the values of XLOG_DBASE_CREATE and
XLOG_DBASE_DROP so as to avoid the need for an initdb. They can be
adjusted, however, when an initdb is forced.

Thanks,

Gavin

Attachment

Re: Patch to remove deadcode from dbcommands.c

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> This patch removes dead code from redo_dbase().

Barring any objections, I'll apply this tomorrow.

> I've removed XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_OLD and XLOG_DBASE_DROP_OLD from the header
> as well but have not changed the values of XLOG_DBASE_CREATE and
> XLOG_DBASE_DROP so as to avoid the need for an initdb.

I'll do this as well and bump the catversion.

-Neil

Date:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> This patch removes dead code from redo_dbase(). The code processes
> CREATE/DROP DATABASE recovery records which are of types
> XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_OLD and XLOG_DBASE_DROP_OLD. We do not create such
> records.

Applied with additional fixes (you forgot to remove the reference to the
old #defines in dbase_desc()) -- thanks for the patch. Catversion bumped.

-Neil