pgcrypto volatility and strictness changes

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
This patch updates the DDL for contrib/pgcrypto to create all
functions as STRICT, and all functions except gen_salt() as IMMUTABLE.
gen_salt() is VOLATILE.

Although the functions are now STRICT, I left their PG_ARGISNULL()
checks in place as a protective measure for users who install the
new code but use old (non-STRICT) catalog entries (e.g., restored
from a dump).  Per recent discussion in pgsql-hackers.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Attachment

Re: pgcrypto volatility and strictness changes

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> This patch updates the DDL for contrib/pgcrypto to create all
> functions as STRICT, and all functions except gen_salt() as IMMUTABLE.
> gen_salt() is VOLATILE.

Barring any objections, I'll apply this tomorrow.

-Neil

Date:
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> This patch updates the DDL for contrib/pgcrypto to create all
> functions as STRICT, and all functions except gen_salt() as IMMUTABLE.
> gen_salt() is VOLATILE.

Applied, thanks.

-Neil