HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate result as enum

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hackers,

Is there any reason why HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate return codes are not an
enum, like they are for HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum?

I tried and came up with this patch.  If there are no objections, please
apply.

"El día que dejes de cambiar dejarás de vivir"

Attachment

Re: HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate result as enum

Date:
> Is there any reason why HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate return codes are not an
> enum, like they are for HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum?

History only (the enum result convention for HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum is
much younger code, IIRC).  Seems like a reasonable change to me.

            regards, tom lane

Re: HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate result as enum

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Is there any reason why HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate return codes are not an
> enum, like they are for HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum?

Applied, thanks.

-Neil