again: add collation support function

From
Mahmoud Taghizadeh
Date:
Sorry I have forgotten to attach the implementaion of
nls_sort function.

I kindly ask people who concern about support multiple
locale per column to verify this implementation and
fix it to be suitable for contribuation.

Best Regards
M. Taghizade

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Attachment

Re: again: add collation support function

From
"Ameen - Etemady"
Date:
Why you didn't reply this messages.

I was searching for this one several hours, thanks for M.Taghizadeh. I
think, if it place in contribution section of postgresql, it will avoid
wasting several hours for peoples like me that wants this one.
Does it have a bad implementaion?
Sorry I think it is a very bad manner for postgresql master developers to
leave such this message without any reply.
I will appreciate if you reply this one.

Best Regards.

Date:
Ameen  - Etemady wrote:
> Why you didn't reply this messages.
>
> I was searching for this one several hours, thanks for M.Taghizadeh. I
> think, if it place in contribution section of postgresql, it will avoid
> wasting several hours for peoples like me that wants this one.
> Does it have a bad implementaion?
> Sorry I think it is a very bad manner for postgresql master developers to
> leave such this message without any reply.
> I will appreciate if you reply this one.

It was only posted seven days ago and will not appear until 8.1 so
people will have to keep looking for many more months no matter how
quickly we add it.

Re: again: add collation support function

From
John Hansen
Date:
On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 12:55 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Ameen  - Etemady wrote:
> > Why you didn't reply this messages.
> >
> > I was searching for this one several hours, thanks for M.Taghizadeh. I
> > think, if it place in contribution section of postgresql, it will avoid
> > wasting several hours for peoples like me that wants this one.
> > Does it have a bad implementaion?
> > Sorry I think it is a very bad manner for postgresql master developers to
> > leave such this message without any reply.
> > I will appreciate if you reply this one.

It still does not answer his question, being if this is the way core
will want to go?

--
John Hansen <john@geeknet.com.au>
GeekNET

Re: again: add collation support function

Date:
John Hansen <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
> It still does not answer his question, being if this is the way core
> will want to go?

I've been waiting to see other comments on it.  I think this is
certainly not the long-term solution, but if enough people think
it is useful as a short-term hack then maybe it should go into contrib.

(I suspec Marc's vote will be "put it in pgfoundry" in any case...)

            regards, tom lane

Re: again: add collation support function

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Montag, 7. Februar 2005 23:24 schrieb Tom Lane:
> I've been waiting to see other comments on it.  I think this is
> certainly not the long-term solution, but if enough people think
> it is useful as a short-term hack then maybe it should go into contrib.

I'm fine with putting it into contrib.  (I haven't looked at the code, just in
concept.)

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: again: add collation support function

Date:
I think we have decided that use of the ICU library is the tool we are
going to use to implement muliple locales.