Latest Turkish translation updates

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:

Re: Latest Turkish translation updates

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> These are the latest updates:

Installed.

> BTW... Peter, we see some errors on postgres-tr.po file, on nlsstatus
> page
> (http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/po-current/postgre
>s-tr.po.err) po/postgres-tr.po:9383: number of format specifiers in
> msgid and msgstr does not match
>
> We can't reproduce it with msgfmt -v. How do you get those errors?

The scripts that produce these tables do not use the standard gettext
tools; they use hand-crafted Perl scripts.  In some cases, these catch
more errors.  In all cases that I have analyzed further, this was
because %m was not identified as a format specifier by msgfmt.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: [HACKERS] Latest Turkish translation updates

From
Nicolai Tufar
Date:
Wow,
Turkish seem to be the first translation to report 100% translation
completion for 8.0 release.  Congratulations for great work! And thanks
to Peter for being patient with us all this time.

> > We can't reproduce it with msgfmt -v. How do you get those errors?
>
> The scripts that produce these tables do not use the standard gettext
> tools; they use hand-crafted Perl scripts.  In some cases, these catch
> more errors.  In all cases that I have analyzed further, this was
> because %m was not identified as a format specifier by msgfmt.

Could you share these scripts with us? Many update submissions
we made were beacause of these %m errors.

Also would it be easier to you Peter if we give you login to our CVS
poject (on sf.net) so that you just run "cvs up" every time
you package a new update and not bother with emails.

Thank you all folks for your efforts.
I will open a bottle of chamgne tonight to celebrate 8.0.

> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

Best regards,
Nicolai Tufar