heap_modifytuple

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Patchers,

Here is a simple patch that changes heap_modifytuple to require a
TupleDesc instead of a Relation (driven off a comment in the same
function).  I didn't really look to see if anything can be simplified
because of this change.

All backend callers changed; there are no callers in contrib (that grep
can find, that is).  Regression test pass, no new compiler warning
generated.

"La verdad no siempre es bonita, pero el hambre de ella sí"

Attachment

Re: heap_modifytuple

Date:
> Here is a simple patch that changes heap_modifytuple to require a
> TupleDesc instead of a Relation (driven off a comment in the same
> function).  I didn't really look to see if anything can be simplified
> because of this change.

I don't think that mid-beta is a good time to be indulging in purely
cosmetic cleanup ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: heap_modifytuple

Date:

    http:/momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches2

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Patchers,
>
> Here is a simple patch that changes heap_modifytuple to require a
> TupleDesc instead of a Relation (driven off a comment in the same
> function).  I didn't really look to see if anything can be simplified
> because of this change.
>
> All backend callers changed; there are no callers in contrib (that grep
> can find, that is).  Regression test pass, no new compiler warning
> generated.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "La verdad no siempre es bonita, pero el hambre de ella s?"

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: heap_modifytuple

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 16:31 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Here is a simple patch that changes heap_modifytuple to require a
> TupleDesc instead of a Relation (driven off a comment in the same
> function).

Patch applied to HEAD. I went to the trouble of checking the call sites
of heap_modifytuple() and using the TupleDesc of the relation if we have
already fetched it, rather than calling RelationGetDescr() again.

Thanks for the patch.

-Neil