Fixes for 3 bugs in pg_dump

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
This patch fixes the following bugs:

* pg_dump --clean against a pre-7.3 server output drop commands in the
form: DROP "".foo; .  These will now all be output as: DROP public.foo;

* If you use ALTER USER to set user params on the cluster owner user,
these would not be dumped.  This patch will now dump ALTER USER commands
for the cluster owner.  If the -S command line switch is used to specify
a superuser, then the cluster owner ALTER USER commands will be dumped
for that user instead.

* The DateStyle and search_path GUC variables must not be quoted when
dumped.

Chris

Attachment

Re: Fixes for 3 bugs in pg_dump

From
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Date:
Actually, i'm not sure that making it respect -S is the right way to go.
  What we really need is an option that specifies the cluster owner on
the new installation.

I will revert that part of this patch and resubmit shortly...

Chris