win32: whitespace in dir names, shmem bug

From
Claudio Natoli
Date:
For application to HEAD, following community review.

sysv_shmem.c patch is to correct a bug that prevents the postmaster
recovering from an unexpected backend termination.

The remaining patches are to allow whitespace in db/install directory names.

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Attachment

Re: win32: whitespace in dir names, shmem bug

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> For application to HEAD, following community review.
>
> sysv_shmem.c patch is to correct a bug that prevents the
> postmaster recovering from an unexpected backend termination.

Great to see you caught that. That's one more off my list of things to
dig into. I expected it was something that easy, but it still has to be
found...

> The remaining patches are to allow whitespace in db/install
> directory names.

Looks good to me.

//Magnus

Re: win32: whitespace in dir names, shmem bug

From
Claudio Natoli

> Great to see you caught that. That's one more off my list of things to
> dig into.

Are there any not listed here:
 http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html

If so, they probably should be put up.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

Date:
> > Great to see you caught that. That's one more off my list
> of things to
> > dig into.
>
> Are there any not listed here:
>  http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html
>
> If so, they probably should be put up.

I don't think so. It's mostly sub-issues under the known locale issues,
from what I can tell so far. I'll know more once I have that one solved.

//Magnus

Re: win32: whitespace in dir names, shmem bug

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

Claudio Natoli wrote:

> For application to HEAD, following community review.
>
> sysv_shmem.c patch is to correct a bug that prevents the postmaster
> recovering from an unexpected backend termination.
>
> The remaining patches are to allow whitespace in db/install directory names.
>

> ---
> Certain disclaimers and policies apply to all email sent from Memetrics.
> For the full text of these disclaimers and policies see
> <a
> href="http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html">http://www.memetrics.com/em
> ailpolicy.html</a>

[ Attachment, skipping... ]