Remove traces of xfunc

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Hackers,

While playing with the init code I noticed traces of Hellerstein's
"expensive function optimization".  It is completely disabled, uses
functions nowhere to be defined, and is out of date.  So I removed it.
Here is the patch.  Note that it takes out the "pruneable" field from
struct RelOptInfo, since it's not used.

Tom Lane has said a couple of times that he thinks this maybe can be
resurrected; but even if it is, most likely it won't use this code
(what code? These are only hooks.)

(To the patcher: the file src/backend/lib/lispsort.c can also be removed
after this change)

"Hoy es el primer día del resto de mi vida"

Attachment

Re: Remove traces of xfunc

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On 24-Apr-04, at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> While playing with the init code I noticed traces of Hellerstein's
> "expensive function optimization".  It is completely disabled, uses
> functions nowhere to be defined, and is out of date.  So I removed it.

I'll apply this within 24 hours.

-Neil

Re: Remove traces of xfunc

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 12:20:01AM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> On 24-Apr-04, at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >While playing with the init code I noticed traces of Hellerstein's
> >"expensive function optimization".  It is completely disabled, uses
> >functions nowhere to be defined, and is out of date.  So I removed it.
>
> I'll apply this within 24 hours.

Cool.  I forgot to mention that the Makefile in src/backend/lib has to
be modified too if you drop the lispsort.c file.

Jajaja! Solo hablaba en serio!

Re: Remove traces of xfunc

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On 24-Apr-04, at 5:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> While playing with the init code I noticed traces of Hellerstein's
> "expensive function optimization".  It is completely disabled, uses
> functions nowhere to be defined, and is out of date.  So I removed it.

Applied -- thanks for the patch!

> (To the patcher: the file src/backend/lib/lispsort.c can also be
> removed
> after this change)

Done, and src/backend/lib/Makefile updated (thanks for the note).

-Neil