UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

From
sumit
Date:
    As per the suggestions received, the syntax for the DATACUBE has
been modified to

SELECT <field list><aggregate list>
INTO <destination table>
FROM <table expression>
WHERE <search condition>
GROUP BY CUBE <aggregate list>
HAVING <search condition>;

    Kindly note that the file datacube.c should be placed in src/backend/tcop/
and datacube.h should be in src/include.

    Please let us know of further modifications that may be necessary.

Srikanth M
Sumit Kumar Mukherjee

Attachment

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

From
sumit
Date:
    Can someone inform us of the developments regarding our code on
DATACUBE? We would like to know if there are somethings which we might
have overlooked. If possible, can we also know if we can expect it to be
added to this release?

Sumit
Srikanth

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

Date:

sumit wrote:

>     As per the suggestions received, the syntax for the DATACUBE has
> been modified to
>
> SELECT <field list><aggregate list>
> INTO <destination table>
> FROM <table expression>
> WHERE <search condition>
> GROUP BY CUBE <aggregate list>
> HAVING <search condition>;
>
>     Kindly note that the file datacube.c should be placed in src/backend/tcop/
> and datacube.h should be in src/include.
>
>     Please let us know of further modifications that may be necessary.
>
> Srikanth M
> Sumit Kumar Mukherjee

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

Date:
This looks good, but it is going to require more work, and we have run
out of time for 7.4.

    http:/momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches2

Sorry.

sumit wrote:

>     As per the suggestions received, the syntax for the DATACUBE has
> been modified to
>
> SELECT <field list><aggregate list>
> INTO <destination table>
> FROM <table expression>
> WHERE <search condition>
> GROUP BY CUBE <aggregate list>
> HAVING <search condition>;
>
>     Kindly note that the file datacube.c should be placed in src/backend/tcop/
> and datacube.h should be in src/include.
>
>     Please let us know of further modifications that may be necessary.
>
> Srikanth M
> Sumit Kumar Mukherjee

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

Date:
Tom, what changes need to be made, or are you too busy?

Srikanth M wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
>     Please tell the changes you want to incorporate in the present
> DATACUBE operator.
>
> Thanking you
>
> Srikanth
> Sumit
>
> On Fri, 25
> Jul 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > This looks good, but it is going to require more work, and we have run
> > out of time for 7.4.
> >
> > This has been saved for the 7.5 release:
> >
> >     http:/momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches2
> >
> > Sorry.

> > sumit wrote:
> > >
> > >     As per the suggestions received, the syntax for the DATACUBE has
> > > been modified to
> > >
> > > SELECT <field list><aggregate list>
> > > INTO <destination table>
> > > FROM <table expression>
> > > WHERE <search condition>
> > > GROUP BY CUBE <aggregate list>
> > > HAVING <search condition>;
> > >
> > >     Kindly note that the file datacube.c should be placed in src/backend/tcop/
> > > and datacube.h should be in src/include.
> > >
> > >     Please let us know of further modifications that may be necessary.
> > >
> > > Srikanth M
> > > Sumit Kumar Mukherjee

> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > > TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
> > >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)
> >

> --
> If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce today would cost $100, get a
millionmiles to the gallon, and explode once every few weeks, killing everyone inside.

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

Date:
> Tom, what changes need to be made, or are you too busy?

It needs a ground-up rewrite, and I'm too busy to think about that
anytime soon.  I sent a long list of problems as commentary on the
patch about a month ago.  Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy, and
I'm not having any luck finding that message in the archives right
now.  Sumit, did you keep a copy?

            regards, tom lane

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

From
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> > Tom, what changes need to be made, or are you too busy?
>
> It needs a ground-up rewrite, and I'm too busy to think about that
> anytime soon.  I sent a long list of problems as commentary on the
> patch about a month ago.  Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy, and
> I'm not having any luck finding that message in the archives right
> now.  Sumit, did you keep a copy?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=28882.1057162309%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Kris Jurka

Re: UPDATED Patch for adding DATACUBE operator

Date:
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm not having any luck finding that message in the archives right
>> now.  Sumit, did you keep a copy?

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=28882.1057162309%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Thanks, but that actually wasn't the message I had in mind --- IIRC,
Sumit replied to that one, and I replied with a more detailed set of
complaints.  Perhaps this was off-list.

            regards, tom lane