PGSQL translation to italian - Proposal n° 2

From
"Tebaldi Mirko"
Date:
Can you verify if this file seems to be correct to use for translation?

i've send you an other file some days ago but were bad written (i've not
added new string, i've *replaced* the old, sorry.....). Now i try to redo
the work in a correct mode.

if this is correct i go on

good work

Mirko Tebaldi

---
Email certificata come esente da virus
---
AVG by Realtebo

---
Email certificata come esente da virus
---
AVG by Realtebo

Re: PGSQL translation to italian - Proposal n° 2

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Tebaldi Mirko writes:

> Can you verify if this file seems to be correct to use for translation?

In principle yes, but fix the following errors:

libpq-it.po:27: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
libpq-it.po:44: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
found 2 fatal errors

Also, use the file extension .po for your files.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: PGSQL transla

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:04:22AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tebaldi Mirko writes:
>
> > Can you verify if this file seems to be correct to use for translation?
>
> In principle yes, but fix the following errors:
>
> libpq-it.po:27: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match

This means to put the same number of "%x" sequences in msgid and msgstr.
Those sequences are expanded at run time with further information about
the message.  For example, "file %s not found" might be expanded to
"file /etc/passwd not found".  Be sure to include the exact same
sequence.  Also keep the ordering of those sequences inside the message;
there are ways to specify a different ordering but I won't go into
detail right now.

I dunno if Tebaldi already knows this, but we can't just assume everyone
understand what a C format string is.  This should be probably be noted
in the translation instructions if we want non-programmers to help with
translations.

"El que vive para el futuro es un iluso, y el que vive para el pasado,
un imbécil" (Luis Adler, "Los tripulantes de la noche")