LIKE (second attempt)

From
Rod Taylor
Includes:

- LIKE <subtable> [ INCLUDING DEFAULTS | EXCLUDING DEFAULTS ]
- Quick cleanup of analyze.c function prototypes.
- New non-reserved keywords (INCLUDING, EXCLUDING, DEFAULTS), SQL 200X

Opted not to extend for check constraints at this time.

As per the definition that it's user defined columns, OIDs are NOT
inherited.

Doc and Source patches attached.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment

Re: LIKE (second attempt)

Date:

Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Includes:
>
> - LIKE <subtable> [ INCLUDING DEFAULTS | EXCLUDING DEFAULTS ]
> - Quick cleanup of analyze.c function prototypes.
> - New non-reserved keywords (INCLUDING, EXCLUDING, DEFAULTS), SQL 200X
>
> Opted not to extend for check constraints at this time.
>
> As per the definition that it's user defined columns, OIDs are NOT
> inherited.
>
> Doc and Source patches attached.
>
> --
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>
>
> PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!

Re: LIKE (second attempt)

Date:
Rod, this patch now fails initdb.  Can you send over a newer version?

-- Start of PGP signed section.

Date:
On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 07:47, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Rod, this patch now fails initdb.  Can you send over a newer version?

Seems my sql_features.txt update was wrong.

Patch attached. I had a regression failure, but reran make check 10
times and it hasn't shown up again.  I don't think it's related to this
patch since constraint code hasn't changed with it.

*** ./expected/constraints.out    Thu Jun 12 15:54:00 2003
--- ./results/constraints.out    Thu Jun 12 16:00:20 2003
***************
*** 107,113 ****
      CONSTRAINT INSERT_CON CHECK (x >= 3 AND y <> 'check failed' AND x <
8),
      CHECK (x + z = 0));
  INSERT INTO INSERT_TBL(x,z) VALUES (2, -2);
! ERROR:  ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "insert_con" on
"insert_tbl"
  SELECT '' AS zero, * FROM INSERT_TBL;
   zero | x | y | z
  ------+---+---+---
--- 107,113 ----
      CONSTRAINT INSERT_CON CHECK (x >= 3 AND y <> 'check failed' AND x <
8),
      CHECK (x + z = 0));
  INSERT INTO INSERT_TBL(x,z) VALUES (2, -2);
! ERROR:  Relation 134662 does not exist
  SELECT '' AS zero, * FROM INSERT_TBL;
   zero | x | y | z
  ------+---+---+---

> Rod Taylor wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > Includes:
> >
> > - LIKE <subtable> [ INCLUDING DEFAULTS | EXCLUDING DEFAULTS ]
> > - Quick cleanup of analyze.c function prototypes.
> > - New non-reserved keywords (INCLUDING, EXCLUDING, DEFAULTS), SQL 200X
> >
> > Opted not to extend for check constraints at this time.
> >
> > As per the definition that it's user defined columns, OIDs are NOT
> > inherited.
> >
> > Doc and Source patches attached.
> >
> > --
> > Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>
> >
> > PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc
>
> [ Attachment, skipping... ]
>
> [ Attachment, skipping... ]
> -- End of PGP section, PGP failed!
--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment

Re: LIKE (second attempt)

Date:
[ I will use the old patch for the doc changes.]

Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 07:47, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Rod, this patch now fails initdb.  Can you send over a newer version?
>
> Seems my sql_features.txt update was wrong.
>
> Patch attached. I had a regression failure, but reran make check 10
> times and it hasn't shown up again.  I don't think it's related to this
> patch since constraint code hasn't changed with it.
>

> *** ./expected/constraints.out    Thu Jun 12 15:54:00 2003
> --- ./results/constraints.out    Thu Jun 12 16:00:20 2003
> ***************
> *** 107,113 ****
>       CONSTRAINT INSERT_CON CHECK (x >= 3 AND y <> 'check failed' AND x <
> 8),
>       CHECK (x + z = 0));
>   INSERT INTO INSERT_TBL(x,z) VALUES (2, -2);
> ! ERROR:  ExecInsert: rejected due to CHECK constraint "insert_con" on
> "insert_tbl"
>   SELECT '' AS zero, * FROM INSERT_TBL;
>    zero | x | y | z
>   ------+---+---+---
> --- 107,113 ----
>       CONSTRAINT INSERT_CON CHECK (x >= 3 AND y <> 'check failed' AND x <
> 8),
>       CHECK (x + z = 0));
>   INSERT INTO INSERT_TBL(x,z) VALUES (2, -2);
> ! ERROR:  Relation 134662 does not exist
>   SELECT '' AS zero, * FROM INSERT_TBL;
>    zero | x | y | z
>   ------+---+---+---

> > Rod Taylor wrote:
> > -- Start of PGP signed section.
> > > Includes:
> > >
> > > - LIKE <subtable> [ INCLUDING DEFAULTS | EXCLUDING DEFAULTS ]
> > > - Quick cleanup of analyze.c function prototypes.
> > > - New non-reserved keywords (INCLUDING, EXCLUDING, DEFAULTS), SQL 200X
> > >
> > > Opted not to extend for check constraints at this time.
> > >
> > > As per the definition that it's user defined columns, OIDs are NOT
> > > inherited.
> > >
> > > Doc and Source patches attached.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>