pg_get_triggerdef

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
This patch creates a function named pg_get_triggerdef that takes the oid of
a trigger as its parameter.  It is basically copied from the pg_dump code.

Once we're certain it's perfect, we could probably save some effort in
pg_dump by using the function.

Once it's committed, I will be modifying psql to show trigger definitions,
instead of just the name.

I have tested it with a bunch of different triggers, parameters, constraint
triggers, weird names, different functions, etc and it seems to be OK.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachment

Re: pg_get_triggerdef

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 00:28, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> This patch creates a function named pg_get_triggerdef that takes the oid of
> a trigger as its parameter.  It is basically copied from the pg_dump code.

+         /*
+          * Find the trigger to delete.
+          */
+         ScanKeyEntryInitialize(&skey[0], 0x0,
+                                ObjectIdAttributeNumber, F_OIDEQ,
+                                ObjectIdGetDatum(trigid));

Looks like you forgot to change this comment :-)

Cheers,

Neil

Re: pg_get_triggerdef

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 00:28, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> This patch creates a function named pg_get_triggerdef that takes the oid of
> a trigger as its parameter.  It is basically copied from the pg_dump code.

Oh -- you'll also need to bump the catalog version number.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: pg_get_triggerdef

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 00:28, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > This patch creates a function named pg_get_triggerdef that takes the oid
of
> > a trigger as its parameter.  It is basically copied from the pg_dump
code.

> Oh -- you'll also need to bump the catalog version number.

Yeah, I normally leave that to the committer - remember to bump Bruce (or
whoever)!

Chris

Re: pg_get_triggerdef

Date:
Newer patch applied with doc patch.  Thanks.

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> This patch creates a function named pg_get_triggerdef that takes the oid of
> a trigger as its parameter.  It is basically copied from the pg_dump code.
>
> Once we're certain it's perfect, we could probably save some effort in
> pg_dump by using the function.
>
> Once it's committed, I will be modifying psql to show trigger definitions,
> instead of just the name.
>
> I have tested it with a bunch of different triggers, parameters, constraint
> triggers, weird names, different functions, etc and it seems to be OK.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

[ Attachment, skipping... ]