disabled, deferred triggers

From
Neil Conway
Date:
This trivial patch implements disabled, deferred triggers, per my
proposal on -hackers a couple days ago. The 'tgenabled' status of the
trigger is consulted when the trigger is added to the deferred queue
(i.e. when the event occurs that fires the trigger), not when the
deferred event is executed.

No regression tests, as another bug prevents them (the pg_trigger row
for a trigger is only loaded once per session, so any changes to it are
not noticed unless the client disconnects and reconnects).

Cheers,

Neil

Re: disabled, deferred triggers

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 14:03, Neil Conway wrote:
> This trivial patch implements disabled, deferred triggers, per my
> proposal on -hackers a couple days ago.

Uh, yeah -- apparently, not *that* trivial :-)

This reversion fixes a stupid oversight in the previous patch.

Date:
On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 14:43, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 14:03, Neil Conway wrote:
> > This trivial patch implements disabled, deferred triggers, per my
> > proposal on -hackers a couple days ago.

This patch has not been applied. If there's a specific improvement you'd
like me to make before it can be accepted, please let me know.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: disabled, deferred triggers

Date:
My fault.  I am running behind because of some IPv6 patch work, and the
holidays.  I will look at them tomorrow.

Date:

Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 14:03, Neil Conway wrote:
> > This trivial patch implements disabled, deferred triggers, per my
> > proposal on -hackers a couple days ago.
>
> Uh, yeah -- apparently, not *that* trivial :-)
>
> This reversion fixes a stupid oversight in the previous patch.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: disabled, deferred triggers

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

Neil Conway wrote:
> This trivial patch implements disabled, deferred triggers, per my
> proposal on -hackers a couple days ago. The 'tgenabled' status of the
> trigger is consulted when the trigger is added to the deferred queue
> (i.e. when the event occurs that fires the trigger), not when the
> deferred event is executed.
>
> No regression tests, as another bug prevents them (the pg_trigger row
> for a trigger is only loaded once per session, so any changes to it are
> not noticed unless the client disconnects and reconnects).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC