updated PITR patch

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Here's a version of J.R. Nield's PITR patch that has been updated to
apply cleanly against CVS HEAD (I've made a few minor editorial changes
along the way, but nothing significant). I had to hand merge a lot of
the code, so there are probably a bunch of typos (although I've fixed
anything that caused the compiler to speak up). It compiles and the
regression tests pass, but it is (obviously) pretty experimental.

The patch is gzip'ed (it's about 300KB without compression) -- if anyone
would prefer that I just send it in plaintext (so you can browse it in
your mailer), let me know.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: updated PITR patch

Date:
Neil, what is the next step on PITR?

Neil Conway wrote:
> Here's a version of J.R. Nield's PITR patch that has been updated to
> apply cleanly against CVS HEAD (I've made a few minor editorial changes
> along the way, but nothing significant). I had to hand merge a lot of
> the code, so there are probably a bunch of typos (although I've fixed
> anything that caused the compiler to speak up). It compiles and the
> regression tests pass, but it is (obviously) pretty experimental.
>
> The patch is gzip'ed (it's about 300KB without compression) -- if anyone
> would prefer that I just send it in plaintext (so you can browse it in
> your mailer), let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: updated PITR patch

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:33, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Neil, what is the next step on PITR?

I believe Patrick M. from Redhat will be taking the first steps toward
cleaning up the patch, fixing any necessary issues in it, and getting it
ready for application (I'm a bit busy with school at the moment, or else
I'd be helping).

Cheers,

Neil

Re: updated PITR patch

From
Patrick Macdonald
Date:
Neil Conway wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:33, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Neil, what is the next step on PITR?
>
> I believe Patrick M. from Redhat will be taking the first steps toward
> cleaning up the patch, fixing any necessary issues in it, and getting it
> ready for application (I'm a bit busy with school at the moment, or else
> I'd be helping).

I'll be looking at the patch next week (on course this week).  I'll
probably be kicking around email with Neil and Tom for a short while
before submitting the updated patch.  After that, we'll be taking a
look at the missing pieces.

Cheers,
Patrick