pgsql ALTER command tab completion

From
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Date:
Here's the patch I mentioned on HACKERS to fix up ALTER command tab
completion. Note that it's based on 7.3 tarball, not CVS HEAD, or 7.3rel
branch. Damn, looking at CVS, this will patch into 7.3rel (just tested,
it does) probably collide with Rod Taylor's patch adding ALTER TRIGGER
stuff. O.K, second patch attached against HEAD - not tested, hand merged.

Ross

--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Research Scientist                                  phone: 713-348-6166

Attachment

Re: pgsql ALTER command tab completion

Date:

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Here's the patch I mentioned on HACKERS to fix up ALTER command tab
> completion. Note that it's based on 7.3 tarball, not CVS HEAD, or 7.3rel
> branch. Damn, looking at CVS, this will patch into 7.3rel (just tested,
> it does) probably collide with Rod Taylor's patch adding ALTER TRIGGER
> stuff. O.K, second patch attached against HEAD - not tested, hand merged.
>
> Ross
>
> --
> Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
> Research Scientist                                  phone: 713-348-6166
> The Connexions Project      http://cnx./rice.edu      fax: 713-348-6182
> Rice University MS-39
> Houston, TX 77005

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: pgsql ALTER command tab completion

Date:
Patch applied.  Your HEAD version didn't apply cleanly, so I manually
applied your first version.  I made some coding cleanups at the same
time, so please check CVS and make sure it is behaving they way it
should.  The manual patch application was quite easy.

Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Here's the patch I mentioned on HACKERS to fix up ALTER command tab
> completion. Note that it's based on 7.3 tarball, not CVS HEAD, or 7.3rel
> branch. Damn, looking at CVS, this will patch into 7.3rel (just tested,
> it does) probably collide with Rod Taylor's patch adding ALTER TRIGGER
> stuff. O.K, second patch attached against HEAD - not tested, hand merged.
>
> Ross
>
> --
> Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
> Research Scientist                                  phone: 713-348-6166
> The Connexions Project      http://cnx./rice.edu      fax: 713-348-6182
> Rice University MS-39
> Houston, TX 77005

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Date:
> Patch applied.  Your HEAD version didn't apply cleanly, so I manually
> applied your first version.  I made some coding cleanups at the same
> time, so please check CVS and make sure it is behaving they way it
> should.  The manual patch application was quite easy.

I'll check it. Thanks.

Ross