Alter domain

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT

New files:
- doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_domain.sgml

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

Attachment

Re: Alter domain

Date:

Rod Taylor wrote:
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT
>
> New files:
> - doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_domain.sgml
>
> --
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Alter domain

Date:
Patch applied and doc file added.  Thanks.

Rod Taylor wrote:
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT
>
> New files:
> - doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_domain.sgml
>
> --
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Alter domain

Date:
Rod, I think you forgot to send me a new typecmd.h file.  Is that
correct?

I am backing out the patch until I get the file. Thanks.

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Patch applied and doc file added.  Thanks.

> Rod Taylor wrote:
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT
> >
> > New files:
> > - doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_domain.sgml
> >
> > --
> > Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>
>
> [ Attachment, skipping... ]
>
> [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > http://archives.postgresql.org

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Alter domain

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
Sorry Bruce, you're right.

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 22:42, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Rod, I think you forgot to send me a new typecmd.h file.  Is that
> correct?
>
> I am backing out the patch until I get the file. Thanks.

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Patch applied and doc file added.  Thanks.

> > Rod Taylor wrote:
> > > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> > > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> > > ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT
> > >
> > > New files:
> > > - doc/src/sgml/ref/alter_domain.sgml
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>
> >
> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]
> >
> > [ Attachment, skipping... ]

> > > TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
> > >
> > > http://archives.postgresql.org
> >
> > --
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

> > http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Attachment

Re: Alter domain

Date:
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT

Why exactly does this patch make an undisclosed, undiscussed change in
resultmap for geometry?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Alter domain

From
Rod Taylor
Date:
On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 11:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP NOT NULL
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. SET / DROP DEFAULT
> > ALTER DOMAIN .. ADD / DROP CONSTRAINT
>
> Why exactly does this patch make an undisclosed, undiscussed change in
> resultmap for geometry?

Did it?  Sorry.  I've been fighting the regression tests on that one for
a while. FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE is different from the Regression Tests in
regards to 0's.

So whenever I update the expected, I have to manually edit
regression.diff prior to application.

Not an excuse, but it is the reason.

Please back out that change.

--

Date:
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> Did it?  Sorry.  I've been fighting the regression tests on that one for
> a while. FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE is different from the Regression Tests in
> regards to 0's.

> So whenever I update the expected, I have to manually edit
> regression.diff prior to application.

That's a pain.  Is there no way for config.guess to tell the difference
between your system and the -STABLE versions?

> Not an excuse, but it is the reason.
> Please back out that change.

Will do, at least till we can think of a better answer.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Alter domain

Tom Lane wrote:
> Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca> writes:
> > Did it?  Sorry.  I've been fighting the regression tests on that one for
> > a while. FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE is different from the Regression Tests in
> > regards to 0's.
>
> > So whenever I update the expected, I have to manually edit
> > regression.diff prior to application.
>
> That's a pain.  Is there no way for config.guess to tell the difference
> between your system and the -STABLE versions?

As I remember, the issue is that the only info is in a system header
file.

Geometry regression tests (was Re: Alter domain)

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> That's a pain.  Is there no way for config.guess to tell the difference
>> between your system and the -STABLE versions?

> As I remember, the issue is that the only info is in a system header
> file.

This is a bit of a kluge, but what about switching geometry over to the
style Peter set up for locale differences?  Instead of calling out
platform-by-platform expected files, we could arrange it so that
pg_regress will accept a match on-the-fly to either of two (or more,
but I think two will be enough now) geometry.out files.  Essentially
we'd be saying that we don't really care whether specific platforms
show positive or negative zeroes in that test.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Geometry regression tests (was Re: Alter domain)

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> That's a pain.  Is there no way for config.guess to tell the difference
> >> between your system and the -STABLE versions?
>
> > As I remember, the issue is that the only info is in a system header
> > file.
>
> This is a bit of a kluge, but what about switching geometry over to the
> style Peter set up for locale differences?  Instead of calling out
> platform-by-platform expected files, we could arrange it so that
> pg_regress will accept a match on-the-fly to either of two (or more,
> but I think two will be enough now) geometry.out files.  Essentially
> we'd be saying that we don't really care whether specific platforms
> show positive or negative zeroes in that test.

I have to say I like this approach.  ALl our regression files are valid
in some way.