minor SGML fix

From
Neil Conway
Date:
This trivial patch fixes some SGML markup in backup.sgml

BTW, should we be marking 'psql', 'pg_dump', and other client-side
utilities in <application> tags or <command> tags? Both seem to be
used throughout the docs...

Cheers,

Neil

Re: minor SGML fix

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Neil Conway writes:

> BTW, should we be marking 'psql', 'pg_dump', and other client-side
> utilities in <application> tags or <command> tags?

Depends on whether you speak of the application or the command. ;-)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: minor SGML fix

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Neil Conway writes:
>
> > BTW, should we be marking 'psql', 'pg_dump', and other client-side
> > utilities in <application> tags or <command> tags?
>
> Depends on whether you speak of the application or the command. ;-)

Peter, please elaborate on that.

Re: minor SGML fix

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Neil Conway writes:
> >
> > > BTW, should we be marking 'psql', 'pg_dump', and other client-side
> > > utilities in <application> tags or <command> tags?
> >
> > Depends on whether you speak of the application or the command. ;-)
>
> Peter, please elaborate on that.

Well, if you say

   start psql with the --foo option

then it's a command, but if you say

   in psql you can use the cursor keys

then it's an application.  In my mind anyway...

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: minor SGML fix

Date:
Looks like this was already applied in a different way.

Neil Conway wrote:
> This trivial patch fixes some SGML markup in backup.sgml
>
> BTW, should we be marking 'psql', 'pg_dump', and other client-side
> utilities in <application> tags or <command> tags? Both seem to be
> used throughout the docs...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: minor SGML fix

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > Depends on whether you speak of the application or the command. ;-)
> >
> > Peter, please elaborate on that.
>
> Well, if you say
>
>    start psql with the --foo option
>
> then it's a command, but if you say
>
>    in psql you can use the cursor keys
>
> then it's an application.  In my mind anyway...

What about:

    if you start psql with the --foo option

What is that?  I assume that is application, and that command is for
things you type, but that doesn't match your --foo example above.  I am
confused.

Re: minor SGML fix

From
Neil Conway
Date:
> Looks like this was already applied in a different way.

Not as far as I know. Would you like me to rediff it against CVS HEAD?

Cheers,

Neil

Re: minor SGML fix

Date:
Neil Conway wrote:
> > Looks like this was already applied in a different way.
>
> Not as far as I know. Would you like me to rediff it against CVS HEAD?

Yes. I see something new there, and I can't tell if it is all your
changes.

Re: minor SGML fix

From
Neil Conway
Date:
> Neil Conway wrote:
> > Not as far as I know. Would you like me to rediff it against CVS HEAD?
>
> Yes. I see something new there, and I can't tell if it is all your
> changes.

A new version of the patch is attached.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: minor SGML fix

Date:
Replaces existing patch.

Neil Conway wrote:
> > Neil Conway wrote:
> > > Not as far as I know. Would you like me to rediff it against CVS HEAD?
> >
> > Yes. I see something new there, and I can't tell if it is all your
> > changes.
>
> A new version of the patch is attached.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil