HISTORY fixes

From
Neil Conway
Date:
This patch fixes a few grammatical errors, removes some duplicate
entries, and attributes some JDBC changes to the right people.

Please apply for 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil

P.S. Rather than updating HISTORY in one go before we make a release,
what does everyone think of the idea of updating HISTORY whenver a
patch that makes a user-visible change is committed?

Re: HISTORY fixes

Date:

Neil Conway wrote:
> This patch fixes a few grammatical errors, removes some duplicate
> entries, and attributes some JDBC changes to the right people.
>
> Please apply for 7.3.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil
>
> P.S. Rather than updating HISTORY in one go before we make a release,
> what does everyone think of the idea of updating HISTORY whenver a
> patch that makes a user-visible change is committed?
>
> --
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: HISTORY fixes

Date:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> P.S. Rather than updating HISTORY in one go before we make a release,
> what does everyone think of the idea of updating HISTORY whenver a
> patch that makes a user-visible change is committed?

Peter already set up a convention for that: patch the short list near
the front of doc/src/sgml/release.sgml.

HISTORY is a derived file, really; you should be patching release.sgml
I think, not HISTORY.

            regards, tom lane

Re: HISTORY fixes

Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > P.S. Rather than updating HISTORY in one go before we make a release,
> > what does everyone think of the idea of updating HISTORY whenver a
> > patch that makes a user-visible change is committed?
>
> Peter already set up a convention for that: patch the short list near
> the front of doc/src/sgml/release.sgml.
>
> HISTORY is a derived file, really; you should be patching release.sgml
> I think, not HISTORY.

Just a clarification.  If you are changing 7.3 stuff, /HISTORY is the
place to do it.  If it is prior releases, release.sgml is the place, and
when Peter regenerates HISTORY as part of the final release, /HISTORY is
updated.  This is easy to figure out because release.sgml doesn't have
info in it for 7.3 yet.

Re: HISTORY fixes

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.