earthdistance fixes, but no cube stuff

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
I have included fixes to declare some floating point constants as double
instead of int, change the calculation method to use the haversine formula
which is more accurrate for short distances, added a grant to public for
geo_distance and added a regression test.

I will resubmit the earth distance stuff based on cube after 7.3 is released.

Attachment

Re: earthdistance fixes, but no cube stuff

Date:
Bruno, I have two patches from you;  one is larger and I think you
submitted this one because we were in feature freeze.  However, I don't
think we do feature freeze for /contrib, do we?  Which one should we
apply folks?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have included fixes to declare some floating point constants as double
> instead of int, change the calculation method to use the haversine formula
> which is more accurrate for short distances, added a grant to public for
> geo_distance and added a regression test.
>
> I will resubmit the earth distance stuff based on cube after 7.3 is released.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: earthdistance fixes, but no cube stuff

Date:
> However, I don't
> think we do feature freeze for /contrib, do we?

While our standards are laxer for contrib, I don't think they are so
lax as to accept a major feature upgrade that includes a whole bunch
of unresolved build/install procedural problems.  I vote "hold for 7.4"
on the larger patch.  The bug-fix-only patch seems reasonable though.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > However, I don't
> > think we do feature freeze for /contrib, do we?
>
> While our standards are laxer for contrib, I don't think they are so
> lax as to accept a major feature upgrade that includes a whole bunch
> of unresolved build/install procedural problems.  I vote "hold for 7.4"
> on the larger patch.  The bug-fix-only patch seems reasonable though.

Oh, yea, it clearly has to build.  I'll put the smaller patch in the
queue and save the bigger one for review in 7.4.

Re: earthdistance fixes, but no cube stuff

Date:

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I have included fixes to declare some floating point constants as double
> instead of int, change the calculation method to use the haversine formula
> which is more accurrate for short distances, added a grant to public for
> geo_distance and added a regression test.
>
> I will resubmit the earth distance stuff based on cube after 7.3 is released.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: earthdistance fixes, but no cube stuff

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.