Re: hu.po

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

> Hi Bruce, here is a first version of the hu.po file for the backend. I
> tested it with 7.2b3 and worked fine.
>
> Regards, Zoltan
>
> Kova'cs Zolta'n
> assistant teacher at Bolyai Institute
> kovzol@math.u-szeged.hu
> http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~kovzol

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: hu.po

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Patch applied.  Thanks.

> > Hi Bruce, here is a first version of the hu.po file for the backend. I
> > tested it with 7.2b3 and worked fine.

Two notes for the both of you:

First, for this translation file to be of any use, you need to add the
language code in the nls.mk file.

Second, you should check your file for errors before submitting them.  I
got the following:

$ msgfmt -o /dev/null -c -v hu.po
headerfield `Language-Team' missing in header
hu.po:37: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
hu.po:83: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
hu.po:798: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
hu.po:2477: format specifications for argument 1 are not the same
hu.po:10085: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
found 6 fatal errors

Mismatched format specifiers are potential crashes, as you know.
Therefore it's especially important to get these right when submitting
them briefly before the release.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: hu.po

Date:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Patch applied.  Thanks.
>
> > > Hi Bruce, here is a first version of the hu.po file for the backend. I
> > > tested it with 7.2b3 and worked fine.
>
> Two notes for the both of you:
>
> First, for this translation file to be of any use, you need to add the
> language code in the nls.mk file.
>
> Second, you should check your file for errors before submitting them.  I
> got the following:
>
> $ msgfmt -o /dev/null -c -v hu.po
> headerfield `Language-Team' missing in header
> hu.po:37: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
> hu.po:83: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
> hu.po:798: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
> hu.po:2477: format specifications for argument 1 are not the same
> hu.po:10085: number of format specifications in `msgid' and `msgstr' does not match
> found 6 fatal errors
>
> Mismatched format specifiers are potential crashes, as you know.
> Therefore it's especially important to get these right when submitting
> them briefly before the release.

Yikes, can cause crashes!  I will stop applying these.  I thought they
were just doc-level stuff but I can see how they could cause a crash
now.  Are the others OK?

Re: hu.po

From
"Serguei Mokhov"
> > Mismatched format specifiers are potential crashes, as you know.
> > Therefore it's especially important to get these right when submitting
> > them briefly before the release.
>
> Yikes, can cause crashes!  I will stop applying these.  I thought they
> were just doc-level stuff but I can see how they could cause a crash
> now.

Yes, it might crash, but only while the faulting translation is in effect.

> Are the others OK?

Mine should be fine (of course, if they apply cleanly :))

--
Serguei A. Mokhov